Book Signing To Do List
Even though my book debuted mid August, my first book signing is coming up on 9/29 at a small English bookstore in Seoul. For more details, see the poster on the left. I'll post pictures here afterward.
So what does an author need to remember or do for a book signing? Since I'm still learning, these are things on my TO DO list or DON'T FORGET List. I'm very organized, and so I need to write all these things down. Maybe this list will help someone out there. Maybe you know something that SHOULD be on my list. Do let me know!
1. Don't forget to take a couple Sharpie markers.
2. Create a child-friendly craft doable for elementary that parents won't want to throw in the trash. A meaningful craftivity. Don't forget to take all supplies for the craft.
3. Decide on refreshments. First, ask the bookstore if refreshments are allowed and who provides what.
4. Decide on what to wear! I don't want to clash with my book cover. hehe
5. Know the schedule of events for the book talk/signing.
6. Recruit my own teen-aged children to help with the above craft so I can mingle with people.
7. Don't forget to take bookmarks and business cards.
8. Ask someone (hubby) to take pictures of the event.
9. Advertise event on social media.
10. Practice reading your book.
11. Think of answers to questions they might ask.
12. Prepare any decorations if needed.
That's all I have for now. Those of you who have gone through this, give me your advice!
Tina M. Cho, children's author
I'm a children's author and freelance writer for the educational market. Welcome!