So excited for spring! I'm at my Pens & Brushes critique group blog today, writing about spring cleaning for writers. Please join me over there if you have time!
My wonderful writing friend, Laura Sassi, nominated me for the "Very Inspiring Blogger Award" the beginning of February. Thanks, Laura! If you haven't yet read Laura's debut picture book, do so-- Goodnight, Ark illustrated by Jane Chapman.
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award rules are:
• Display the award on your blog
• Link back to the person who nominated you
• State 7 things about yourself
• Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them, and notify them about their nominations.
1. I'm a mom of two taekwondo kids, both 2nd degree black belts.
2. I grew up in Iowa but not on a farm.
3. I love God and read the Bible every day.
4. My favorite drink is Dr. Pepper; although now that I'm getting older, I don't drink it as much.
5. I have homeschooled my kids for 4.5 years now.
6. I'm getting better in Korean cooking.
7. I'd like to learn how to write a middle-grade novel. This is where I need your help! I've spent the past five years learning the craft of writing picture books. What great resources do you use to write a fiction novel? I started a board on Pinterest to save relevant links. And...I sort of have a deadline because I'd like to submit this novel in a contest due 9/1. Do you think it's doable to learn, write, revise in only five months? Please, please, please give me your tips and advice in the comments!
And lastly, I nominate these people to carry on the award:
Catherine Johnson--"Feed Your Imagination Here" blog, full of creativity and art
Laura Purdie Salas--"Writing the World for Kids" blog, poetry for kids and teachers
Erik the Kid--"This Kid Reviews Books" blog, a great book review blog by Erik, 13 yrs old
Cathy Hall--"Writing and Fishing" blog, great writerly tips and advice
Nancy I. Sanders--"Blogzone," lessons and advice on all things writing
Darshana Khiani--"Flowering Minds," great children's book reviews
Hannah Holt--"Lightbulb Books," book reviews and crafts for little ones
Diane Tulloch--"The Patient Dreamer," children's book reviews
Carrie Finison--"The Story Patch," book reviews and children's picture book info
Vivian Kirkfield--"Picture Books Help Kids Soar," book reviews and writing info
Mirka Breen--"Mirka Muse," great wisdom and writer advice
Tina M. Cho, children's author
I'm a children's author and freelance writer for the educational market. Welcome!